Saturday, September 13, 2008

Managed to do 16 miles today along the Minuteman Trail. Felt really good, although I did stop along the way to get a drink. Unwisely, I decided on a Sobe Blackberry Grape Life Water, which was 100% vile.

Last week and this week both I tried out ice baths afterward my long run. I was skeptical at first, but I think I like it. It's definitely calming and refreshing after a long run, and I think it also made a big difference in how sore I become the following day, at least for my 20 mile run last week.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

interesting ice bath article. how did you set yours up?

so, are you the only one still exercising?

phyllis said...

yeah that's what i was wondering . . . brrr . . .

dunkhippo33 said...

la la la. /Ms. hippo sits back in a nice chair by the pool sipping a cool tasty one/

tentrillion said...

I just get three bags of ice from Shaws and empty them into my bathtub, and turn on the cold water. Maybe my house's cold water is really warm or something, but I would say 90% of the ice is melted before I get in. I soak in there for about 15 minutes. Last time I wore socks over the tips of my toes because they got cold, but no where else did.

I thought it would be a lot less pleasant than it turned out. It was actually kind of fun. I recommend trying it if you are curious about it.