Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yesterday, I swam 1.67 miles in 1 hour. Projecting out, I think I'm looking at a time around 1:30:00. So it doesn't look like I'm improving. :(

I did figure out that I've gotten lazier swimming in a regular pool (not an Endless Pool), because I end up kicking less and don't take powerful strokes. I found that I went faster when thinking about stressful topics and when I was really cognizant of kicking hard and stroking in complete circles with a lot of force. Good to figure this out now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

so you're going to think about stressful things during the race? like work? like planning your wedding? like looking for parking? like i-beams on bridges?

dunkhippo33 said...

yes, actually, i was thinking about the wedding. it made me so mad, I swam faster. Maybe I should keep all my wedding-organization issues to swim faster.