Sunday, August 17, 2008

went biking today for 18 miles. i wanted to check out some alternative bike roads from MV to PA without having to bike down el camino. there are some decent side streets, but they add a couple of miles to my route.

my butt is really sore. there was no good way to segue to that topic of conversation, so i just decided to be blunt about it. yeah, i even went to the bike store to look at padded shorts, but they all just made me feel like i was waddling around in diapers. don't know how my ride tomorrow will be--it's 9 miles to church, and it still hurts a little to sit down.

other things i discovered: i have a terrible sense of direction. and if you're biking and go the wrong way, it takes considerable more effort to get on the right path. also while biking, i bumped into SJ and AJ. SJ was the one who found my bike for me on craig's list, and AJ works at BCM, where I volunteer. i imagine the number of bay area cyclists are relatively small, but it was still cool to see people i know biking around.

5 comments:

tentrillion said...

Is it muscle soreness or like chafing or something?

I don't think a new seat would help with muscle soreness. Maybe with other stuff it could help.

Karen said...

hey courtney, I heard that over time you'll get used to it when you ease into longer riding distances. Another thing you could try are those cycling shorts w/ the padded butt. hopefully it doesn't make the butt look bigger though...

Karen said...

well never mind apparently I didn't read part of your post correctly. anyway, good luck!

Jennifer said...

do you have the right size seat? if you go to a bike shop, apparently, they have those squishy things you sit on and it takes a mold of your butt. then they measure it to get you your butt size.

i have a women's seat by specialized. a lithia i think. i like it, works well, butt stopped hurting after 2 rides.

dunkhippo33 said...

wow, a whole convo about courtney's butt